Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Extending your hands

Hello all...  Life as always is crazy around here.  Last time I updated Cabinet Maker  was till slow with work.  Well the Lord has certainly changed that!!!  Cabinet Maker now has 2 more kitchens to work on with a possibility of another on the horizon.  He also has a custom bathroom vanity to build and then will start working with my dad again in May.  So lots to keep him busy.  

Teenager is still eating us out of house and home, and growing like a weed. 

I repaired a Storm Troopers Costume last week and will possibly be making a X wing fighter costume soon for someone.  Why do I get the strange sewing jobs? 

Life is chaotic at best around here most of the time and I am attempting to learn how to be a attentive child of God, housewife, mom, part-time nanny and seamstress.  This is not going very well for my part.  I am trying to be available to Cabinet Maker any time he wants to talk or whatever but am not getting anything else done because of it.  How do you balance the needs of your work from home husband, home responsibilities, mom stuff, and various other things and manage to get everything done?  I haven't figured this one out yet and if anyone has any suggestions I NEED them!!  Trying to find my study/devotional time in the midst of constant interruptions has equaled reading and no studying for the last few weeks. I need total peace and quiet to absorb anything and really get my focus on the Lord, reading is good but total devotion is better. 

Today's Ponderings:

Proverbs 31:20

She extends her hand to the poor, Yes, she reaches out her hands to the needy. 

So how are you doing as we work through Proverbs?  Are you able to attempt to reflect this Virtuous wife and her characteristics? 

How often do we back away from someone in need because we are too buys?  Do we cut short that phone call to the friend just needing to chat?  Do we remember a friend that seemed down and search them out?  Do we drop off that box of food to a struggling family down the street, or better yet a prepared meal?   Even when this virtuous wife is doing everything else she does in a day she still takes the time to extend her hand to those who need a lift up.  Take the time to encourage, feed, fold some laundry or just visit with someone in need. 

Today's Doings:

~Trying to get a new schedule in place so I can focus on my FATHER and my family in the correct order
~Various laundry, dishes and sweeping
~Bible Study I am determined today!!!
~Homemade bagels and loaf of bread
~Finish up my Pj's I have had cut out for a month now
~Start cutting out a new dress pattern
~Start a prayer shawl for a friend
~Being unrealistic with all I want to get done today!

Have a beautiful day today!!

Keep your focus on HIM in all you do and say


No comments: