Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Homespun Once again

Wow it has been a long time since my last post.  When I started this blog I intended to keep up with it a few days a week.  However the Lord had other plans for a season in our lives.  So here is a brief recap of why I have been gone so long.

As you know I was babysitting one day a week for 5 little red heads.  Well the mother of these little blessings is a Physicians Assistant for a Doctor near us, and she was in need of a Nanny for about 3 weeks and asked if I would be willing to fill in.   I started there feeling very blessed for the few weeks of full time pay.  After a week or so the mother asked me to stay on full time. Cabinet Maker and I spent a bit of time in prayer over this, it would be a huge change for our family.  I had been home for almost the last 10 years taking care of the family and our home.  But after much prayer, discussion and organizing strategies we decided that with Cabinet maker not working much that I should take the position.

 I started this position knowing it would be a very dark place to work.  I also knew that me being the one working full time was going to be a huge change and adjustment for all of us.  I started working October 25th and learned very quickly that I was the only very outnumbered in belief's as well as discipline.  It took a few weeks to settle in but the children started to respond and discipline was starting to be learned.  I have to say it has been a tough few months.  Trying to sit and do a bible study in the midst of swearing and an over all feeling of the world has been interesting.  Learning that I can not always be at home for Cabinet Maker and Teenager, I couldn't be the one preparing meals, or keeping things clean was tough for me.  But the Lord and a good friend kept me going.

So yesterday morning as I was getting ready to leave I spoke with Cabinet Maker regarding my prayers of wanting to be back at home.  Not 20 minutes later I went into work and found out I no longer have a job!  It was for the benefit of the kids for them to be put in a full time school/daycare program verses being in the home. The Lord provided a way for me to be back at home!! Cabinet Maker is in the middle of building some custom kitchen cabinets.  He has work for the month of February and we hope possibly in March.  Then he will be back to work with my father in the spring. 

I plan to start posting regularly again starting on Monday.  Over the next few days I need to get my house back in order. While Cabinet Maker and Teenager will very helpful in keeping things picked up and dishes done there was a lot of dust and grime to get rid of!  Yesterday when I got back home I enjoyed my time sweeping, mopping, making some laundry soap and some cookies.  Once my home is back in order I will once again start the process of helping you to keep yours in order. 

I really have missed you all and missed being homespun!


Today's Hum along: (oh heck with the hummimg sing it out)

Praise Him, Praise Him
Praise Him in the morning, Praise Him in the noon time
Praise Him Praise Him till the break of dawn!

Love Him.......
Serve Him...
Share Him....

No comments: