Friday, October 22, 2010

Self-less Servant hood

Yesterday was a nice day.  Got up made a big breakfast for my guys, breakfast burritos with spicy sausage, peppers, onions, homefries and eggs.  Topped off with salsa and sour cream.  I only had a piece of toast till dinner time I was so full!  Then off to my favorite store, Lantz's for a cup of peppermint tea with our room mate, and some shopping for goodies!  Back home to make pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting, 2 loaves of bread and some bagels.  Then because I got some goodies at Lantz's I made some homemade granola with sliced almonds, crazins, raisins brown sugar and cinnamon.  It is so good and will be nice to have over the next few days, if it lasts that long.  Then dinner was alfredo egg noodles with chicken and broccoli.  Needless to say my kitchen was a disaster by 8 last night.  But I was a good homemaker and got it all washed before I went to bed. I am still full I only had half a bagel for breakfast. 

Today's Doings:

~ Lunch for my dad and the Cabinet Maker in the crockpot, they are putting up the trusses on the pole barn today.
~Off to work at my moms again.
~ Get a new toaster while I'm out our toaster oven bit the dust today, very sad now I have to get a plain old toaster.
~Back here to pack up the boy-o he is going to spend the night with Cabinet Makers mom
~ Date night with Cabinet Maker!! Maybe we will actually get to spend some time together tonight!


Ponderings:

Proverbs 31:15  She also rises while it is yet night, And provides food for her household, and a portion for her maidservants. 

 Yup this really does mean it is our responsibility to get up before our husbands, and children and servants if you have them (don't I wish), and prepare the morning meal for them.  And no this doesn't mean you throw a box of cereal at them or a breakfast bar.  Not that those are bad but how much more could you do for them if you got up first and had everything ready to make the start of their day better?  I know as a wife and a mom that, mornings are not my favorite time to go make a mess in my kitchen. But I have found that a nice relaxing meal for my family in the morning makes not only their day better but mine as well.  When I get us and actually prepare things for my family, I am showing that I really care and support them and love them too.  While I do this prep work I am also praying for them and their day where ever it might lead them.  I know that not everyone is a breakfast person, but could you be up making that fresh cup of coffee (if you are lucky you have one of those push a button put in the sealed cup thingys and there you go you're done).  Could you be sending a small snack for them even if they eat lunch out, or even some muffins or cookies to share with co-workers?  Preparing for your family with a self-less attitude is the best way to start everyone's day!

Challenge for the next week:

I am giving you three days to prepare here so get thinking and planning!  Get up before your husband and children and have something out on the table ready for them when they wake-up. No matter how tired you are get yourself up and have a smile on your face when they come down.  Make them that fresh cup of coffee, try out a new homemade cappichino recipe, or fresh muffins or even a re-heated muffin from Dunkin just something that you have a hand in setting out for them. 

Now put a post it in their lunch box or on the steering wheel of the car just letting them know our appreciation for all they do and provide for us and how much we love them and will miss them.  Remember men like to feel needed and want to be noticed for all they do.  Just see the change in their attitude after a week!  Now don't forget to pray as you do each little task!

Have a great weekend!

No comments: