Saturday, September 4, 2010

Best Laid Plans

Ok so I like I was saying, Life is what happens when you make plans.  Almost as soon as I finished posting BuilderMan called our truck is broken and I need to go pick him up from my dad's when he was done working, which would be early today.  So, Pre-Teen and I went yard saleing in the morning and got a few necessary items.  I did get a really good deal on 5 lbs. of ground beef at Save-A-Lot, it was 4.78 instead of the 9.65 it should have been, made that trip worth more than just the milk and bagels I went for. 

We went to about 5 yard sales, but all I found was a drying rack for .50, I am hunting for some stoneware bowls for rising dough in but no luck so far.  We got back around 12 and had some lunch.  Our washer is broken, so I came home and did some laundry by hand that has been sitting wet in the aforementioned washer for 2 days.  I really dislike doing laundry by hand, by the way.  After a year in Africa of doing laundry every few days by hand, I am so done with it!

 I just finished when BuilderMan called to say he was done come get him.  He had me get a whole list of tools to bring with me so he could maybe fix it then drive it home.  So changed into dry clothes, and off I went, still no baking done.  It took BuilderMan and my dad about 45 minutes to figure out what was even wrong with it then decide if it should even be driven.  We did end up driving it home, very slowly, a 20 minute drive took us almost an hour.  But he to got it home and we are waiting on the parts to come in. 

Once I got home had to make dinner, which I had to change my idea due to time issues at this point.  So we had homemade Alfredo sauce on angel hair pasta.  By this time it was 6:30 and I was too tired to even think about baking anything. 

Today's Plans:

Bake~ Chocolate Chip Cookies, Molasses Cookies, 6 loaves of bread and 2 loaves of Cinnamon Bread. 

Clean and organize pantry.  This is just about done with the help of Pre-Teen.

Hopefully clean up all messes from baking and cooking today.  We are having our woodstove that hasn't been used since we have lived in the house (about 6 years) and I don't think the previous owners used it either, inspected.  A friend is doing the inspecting and he wants pizza from our local pizza place for payment.  So at least lunch is all taken care of. 

Ponderings for the day:  (You will notice that often my ponderings will be a song instead of a scripture at some point I will explain a bit more why this is)

This is my cry, this is my song, YOU are my guiding light, for this journey I'm on. 
 And when these sunny skies, turn shades of gray. 
I'll stay close by YOUR side as YOU lead the way.........

Jesus lead on, I will follow
Jesus lead on, let YOUR love light the way
Jesus lead on, I will follow.  Jesus lead on. 

And when my vision is clouded, by the wind and the rain
You'll stay close by my side and You'll lead my way....



HAVE A GREAT SATURDAY!!

No comments: