Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day

Today I was thinking about all we do to labor for our families, friends and ourselves.  While we all know these are things we must do to build our relationships and keep them... what labors of love have you preformed recently for the people in your life.  I don't mean the normal mundane things, like cooking, cleaning etc.  What real act of total self-less love have you labored over? 

Take today to think of a self-less out of the ordinary act of love and something that you will labor through with a servants heart to do for someone close to you.  Knit or crochet something just to make a friend smile, bake a batch of cookies that are just for your husband (no one is allowed to share).  My goal for the rest of this year is to choose one person a week to bless with not only a small gift that will show my appreciation for them but also prayers for them as I prepare whatever it is I make.  The next part of this goal is I will not be going out to buy anything for these blessings, or as I tell Pre-Teen, random acts of kindness, it will be something that is already in my house.  Crafty, frugal and prayers, what more can a person ask for. 

Today:

8 face cord of wood is being delivered, then BuilderMan and Pre-Teen will stack it all.
A young woman that is close to my heart will be hear to share and counsel or guide or just be an ear, whatever she needs today.
Bake 2 more loaves of bread, I have a new recipe I want to try, I am on a mission to find a homemade bread that is as soft as store bought, I tend to like crusty breads my Pre-Teen likes cheap-o store bought so I am searching so he will eat more bread.  It is cheaper, and maybe will fill him up for more than 2 minutes.
Make a batch of lemon bars and brownies.  We are going for dinner to my little sis's tonight so dessert is my detail.
Make a loaf or 2 of garlic bread for dinner. 


Ponderings:

Romans 8:28 

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love GOD, to those who are the called according to HIS purpose. 

Have a blessed day and remember to REST in the LORD. 

No comments: