Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Servants Heart

Yesterday I talked about laboring over something for someone we love.  I also mentioned doing it with a servants heart.  What does that really mean?  How should we be reflecting that? 

A Servant is simple one who serves others.   As women, whether you are single, married, have children still at home, whatever your season of life.  God has given us as women to be willing servants to others.  The key word there is willing, not complaining that you once again have to help out that needy friend with something, or that your child made a huge mess that you now need to clean up.  WILLING SERVANT!!!!  Especially as a women spending time daily in the word we see how Jesus reflected a servants attitude in most everything he did.  Now matter how busy we are or how tired we are, reflecting that love and devotion to EVERYONE around you is a must. 

How to reflect that above all else serve others attitude.  Take time to read your bible today.  Once again read Proverbs 31, and Titus 2.  My easy reminder to my self each day is in my prayer time, I sing:

Make me a servant
Humble and meek
LORD let me lift up
Those who are week
And may the prayers
Of my heart always be......
Make me a servant
Make me a servant
Make me a servant today.

As you go out to work, start school, drive your kids to school...  Whatever you do in word or deed do it all in the name of the LORD.


Today:

Babysitting for my 5 redheads
Home to make dinner (beef stew that is from a batch in the freezer)
Family time


Have a blessed day and remember to rest in the Lord and cling not to your own understanding. 

No comments: