Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Flax and wool what do I do with those?

Thank you for such a great response on the Shopping post.  I will be posting menu ideas based on my list, hopefully sometime this week, we will see what happens. 

My bagels turned out tasting great, looking horrible.  I need to get a couple of cookie cutters to make this easier.  I also found a recipe online for pumpkin latte's they were a very  nice yummy treat for us last night. 

Today's Doings:
~Work at my moms, cleaning outside, yuck I am going to freeze!
~Home to relax
~Try to figure out what to do for dinner tonight, nothing sounds good today.



 
Ponderings:



Proverbs 31:13  She seeks wool and flax, And willingly works with her hands.

Wool and flax are not something we deal with much any more.  The idea behind these, is that as a wife you try and look for what your family needs, and are willing to dig in to accomplish that, even if you have to make things with your own hands. 

How often do we not doing something cause you don't want to put the effort into it?  Many of us need to really be careful how we provide for our families, and a bit more effort goes into what we do have to do.  To be a virtuous and praised wife we need to be putting in that effort.  How does what we do look in our husbands eyes?  Are we putting in the effort?  Or are we reading lots of books, playing on facebook too often (I so need to be careful I don't do this), or just plain not wanting to get our hands dirty?

Go into your kitchen today and make an extra effort, clean out one cupboard, clean out the fridge, make a special treat for your family (and make sure there is some left when you husband gets home from work).  Put extra effort into all you do today!

Remember/hum/sing loudly: 
Make a joyful noise unto the Lord all ye all ye lands!!

You are my strength when I am weak
You are the treasure that I seek

You are my all in all

Seeking you as a precious jewel
Lord to give up I'd be a fool

You are my all in all

Jesus, precious lamb of God
Worthy is Your name
Jesus, precious, lamb of God
Worth is Your name

Taking my sin my cross my shame
Rising again I bless Your name

You are my all in all

When I fall down You pick me up
When I am dry You fill my cup

You are my all in all

No comments: