Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Merchant Ship? I'm not that big!

Hello all!  I pray that you have had or are having a wonderful week.  I now have a real teen in my house here after known as boy-o.  We had the final party on Saturday, and now I can relax a little, HA! like that will ever really happen.  This week we are all back to our "normal" routines, whatever that means.  Cabinet Maker is on the last of the whole house remodel, he has a barn to build next week and a bathroom to do.  Last night we got another call, from my baby sister and her and her husband, they would like him to come and some drywalling.  We are praying about a kitchen cabinet build and a remodel on a lake house for the winter.  At this point it is just Trust in the Lord and being Faithful in the fact we know He wants us where we are. 

Today's Doings:

~Devotions, obviously
~Off to the city to purchase a computer for a client (looks like I am back in the computer set-up/training people how to use them business)
~Working at my mom's
~back home to make spaghetti with my homemade sauce, meatballs and texas toast (if I have time it will be homemade pasts too)
~Relax with my Cabinet Maker even if I have to duct tape him to a chair away from the pole barn!




Today's Ponderings:
Proverbs 31:14  She is like the merchant ships, She brings food from afar.

Remember it says like, you are not that big!  This is just simply talking about you go out and find the best for your family.  You don't just grab what is easy and simple.  You search out what your family needs to be fed with.  How often do you just grab what is easy for breakfast or dinner?  Searching out what is nutritious for your family is just as important as the act of sitting down to eat as a family.  Do you spend time planning out what your family is going to eat?  Do you go out and find all the best ingredients?  Now this doesn't mean you have to spend a fortune to get the best organic whatever to eat (read my previous post on my shopping list).  How often do we just do what is easy, head down to dollar general get a box instant mac & cheese or ramin noodles and throw it on the table?  Some days that is all you can manage but is it the norm? 




Lets take some extra time this week to get homemade prepared with your own hands meals.  Even breakfast doesn't have to consist of cereal every day. 

Have a beautiful day in the Lord!

 Song on loop in my head:
FAITHFUL (Don Colburn)

Faithful, I will trust You
You are faithful, I will follow You
Never changing, always loving
You are Faithful almighty God.

Time after time, You have been for me
A shelter from the storm, and from my enemies
Your mercy flows each morning
Your forgiveness heals my soul
And in Your presence I am made whole

I know not many of you will know this as it was written by a worship leader friend of ours.  But if you would like to learn it just ask next time you see me, I will teach it to you. 



No comments: