Thursday, October 7, 2010

Prayer in the face of business

How often do you feel like there is not enough time to spend quality time with your Father, and time in prayer each day?  I know we can pray while doing the dishes, or checking facebook.  But I mean real, quality focused on the Father only, worship and prayer.  How about that physical blessing or gift of kindness I was talking about a while back?  I have spent the last month crocheting a prayer shawl for a dear friend (darn forgot to take a picture).  I am not telling you this to say, Hey look at what I did, this means I spent the month, small snippets of time here and there, in prayer not only for the friend that received it, but just worshiping my Heavenly Father.  This is what I did, as you start the gift, no matter what it is, spend about 10 minutes in prayer for the friend you are making it for each time you pick it up to do something on it.  Whatever remaining minutes, were spent in worship for all our Father does for us.  For me this means cranking up the worship music and just fellowshipping with my Lord.  I do this sort of thing on any project I make for someone else, curtains, baby blankets, dish cloths, whatever.  Pray for the recipient.  If it is for my own home use then I pray for those in my home a little extra that day, not the normal prayers of protection or blessing but real deep down and heartfelt prayers on whatever they may need at the time. 

My prayer time this week is focused on my soon to be 13 year old, no more pre-teen in the house after next Friday, sigh, I am not old enough to have a teenager, just to clear up any confusion.  I have been deep into a super secret mission for him over the last month and am putting the finishing touches on it this week.  I made a whirlwind trip to VA and back a couple of weeks ago with our room mate, to pick up his 65 lbs. of legos that a short term missionary offered to bring back from Congo with him.  Now I am painting his room and furniture a color he wishes we would let him paint his room in.  Then we are finishing up our walk out attic which is just off his room, so that all the legos can go in there as a separate play area.  Now, this is all a secret remember.  He thinks it will be another month or so before we can even get the legos, and that the attic is missing flooring, and it's way too dark to see, and his dresser is ugly, and walls have holes...... you get the point.  He hasn't been a happy kid for a bit he really misses his legos, which is the only toy he owns.  So needless to say he is going to be really surprised and happy.  THANK YOU to all the family members who have "decided out of the blue" to take Michael for the last couple of weeks off and on so I can get all this done. 


Ponderings:

Proverbs 31:10
Who can find a virtuous wife?  Her worth is far above rubies.   

How do we become a virtuous wife?   Virtuous= good, righteous, worthy, honorable, moral , honest...
What do you do to reflect those characteristics each day?  So that your worth can be so valued by your Heavenly Father and your husband. 

Today's challenge:

Beyond fuller prayer time is what can you do today to be set apart and honoring to your husband? 


Today's Doings:

WORSHIP AND PRAYER while painting all day long
Yup that will be my day!

No comments: